8/22/11

A Monday Recipe: Grilled Marinated Tofu

sounds so exciting, huh? It *IS* exciting and so yummy! Even my kids liked it!


I got the recipe HERE, but I was missing some of the ingredients and had to make substitutions.



Here's how I made it, though. It was delicious


Marinated Tofu
Ingredients
  • 1 pound firm tofu, drained
  • 1/2 cup water
  • scant 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp whole cloves 
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp pressed garlic (2 smallish cloves?)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • ground black pepper to taste

Press the tofu for 10 minutes or so to remove the excess water. I use two plate w/ a heavy jar on them, but do whatever you like.

While the tofu is draining, combine all the other ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Cut your tofu into desired sized cubes or slices. If you're going to skewer it, make sure it's big enough to have a stick poked through it.  Put the tofu in a bowl, pour the marinade over it, give a stir or a shake and put in the fridge over night.

An hour before grilling, I took the tofu out of the marinade and put in pieces of zucchini, mushroom and onion.
I did let them sit an hour, then got out my skewers, and loaded them up.

To grill them, I used a George Foreman grill sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. I grilled them until they got nice caramel-ly colored stripes on them, then turned them. Maybe 3 or 4 minutes each side?


We also had Sister Mary's Zesty Carrots and reheated (in the foil on the right) Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls.

Look, Jennifer O., my kids DO eat my food!

These were well worth the overnight marinating time...delicious! I've had the leftovers two or three times for lunch, still good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails