I finally finished this shirt for Doug, from Kwik Sew 3422. It's a great pattern!!
We have a problem with the cleaners breaking buttons, and on the last shirt I made I used shell buttons. They charged more to clean it, but....no broken buttons! I put shell on these, because those are the only neutral buttons I have in quantity, but I'm not sure whether I like paying extra at the cleaners. Altho, I won't have to replace many buttons, either. Hmmmm, what a quandary.
This a UFO. I made it for a friend's baby but didn't get it done before I went to visit her. And, it doesn't have any pants. So, I have this stray baby shirt, but at least it's done now! From a friend's vintage Kwik Sew pattern that I traced. No instructions either.
Then, after being up all night, I whipped this up for another friend's daughter's birthday. It's from Simplicity 9853. This is a BRILLIANT pattern!! It's super practical and goes together quickly. My main problem with flannel pajama patterns is that they are either gowns that take up a billion yards of fabric and require 15 feet of gathering, or they're too fussy with buttons up the front or zippers in the back. I used to make my girls some simple raglan gowns of flannel with knit neckbands and cuffs. They fit FOREVER; first as long-sleeved, mid-calf length. As the girls grew they became more like over-sized tees, but still great for nightgowns. I loved them.
This is a two piece flannel pajama pattern as practical as my gown pattern and I LOVE it!! Having a knit neckband and cuffs eliminates fasteners of any kinds, and cuts back on the use of excessive amounts of fabric.
I made the size 1 and used less than two yards, and it went together SO quickly! I serged it together, then hemmed and top-stitched with my coverstitch machine.
Up next, A NEW BABY!!