6/28/10

Pajamas for Aldous, and Dinosaur Painting.

Aldous has outgrown everything and was down to sleeping in his diaper. Once the training pants storm had passed, I decided to whip up some pjs for him! I used the Kwik Sew's Sewing for Toddlers pattern book, as usual. This time, though, I used the pattern for a regular short-sleeved tee shirt instead of the raglan I usually make. I still did contrasting sleeves, tho.




The stars in both colors and the black & white owl prints are C&C knits, and the black is a super-fine soft cotton/lycra.. The navy and gray owl print is a poly/cotton I bought from another sewing mama.



I chose the blacks and grays so that I could sew them all with the same thread. I mostly used my serger with exception of the double-needle hemming and top-stitching. I used Woolly Nylon in the bobbin to see if that helps the hem be a little more resilient, as I've had a lot of trouble with thread breakage on my double-needle hems. 

I also added tags in the back, including the size. I made Aldous a 3T this time, because I don't mind if the pjs fit big, and he can wear them two years in a row. I didn't need to make any for William this year because that's what  I did for him LAST year. So, maybe I will only have to sew one kid's pjs each year? We'll see how that works out!


Last week I bought a couple of wooden dinosaurs and some cheap paint at Jo-Ann to have a craft for the boys to do. They were both a little under the weather this weekend, so that was a good time for them to work on their dinosaur craft!


 William was very particular about where he wanted to put each color.

Aldous had never painted anything before, but he caught on quickly.



 Pretty soon the boys were enjoying painting the table cover, too!


 Aldous also painted his face and his belly with his paint brush.


After  Doug gets back from wherever he is right now, he'll spray the dinosaurs with a clear coat so they can play with them. This was a really fun activity for them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails