6/16/11

Sewing: Tie-Front Bolero , Butterick 4396

This has been, for some reason, in my UFO pile for months. It's the most ridiculously easy pattern ever. Two pattern pieces, three pieces of fabric. Crazy easy.




I used some rayon/spandex in a grayish green I'd had for a while. It's VERY soft!

The embellishment is a 3 foot length of 1.5"w fabric, gathered and sort of twisted in half, and machine sewn down.

and the back: I serged it together, then coverstitched the hem.

According to the pattern, I wear a Medium, but next time I will make a Small.  I found the shoulders to be too wide, and really there is much more ease in this garment than I usually like for this kind of thing, and, I can see that in the drawing. But, I wanted to do the size they recommended first.

There is a tank in this pattern I'd like to make, too. I'll probably start right off with the small, but keep the medium length.

A goofy pic of me.... Where is my photographer? my back drop?
See how wide the shoulder is, and how loose-fitting the sleeve is on my upper arm? I have pretty large arms, proportionally, and this NEVER happens to me. ha ha!


I will probably make another or two of these, maybe one with short sleeves, if I can get them tight enough. Comments? Any embellishment suggestions? I'm trying to make some of my knits a bit more "fancy".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails