8/3/09

Skull Onesies and Cornbread Recipe

While searching the internet not too long ago, I came across this: a skull onesie for adults. How funny is this?? Even funnier is the price tag. This Betsey Johnson creation retails for $265. It's a tad more than what I paid for Aldous' (freecyle) skull onesie, seen here.








And here are some more of Aldous, just because he's so cute. Can you believe those big brown eyes?? so yummy!!



And the rest of the skull outfit: mommy-made flannel pants.



CORNBREAD!!!


My kids and I LOVE cornbread, but Doug's not a fan. In fact, that's what he says. "I'm not a fan of cornbread".
Well, we like it, and here's my recipe for it! I used to make it in a square Pyrex dish, but that broke last year and I haven't replaced it. Muffins are fine, though, and since it's only William and Aldous and I to a whole batch of cornbread, these go into the freezer nicely.

1c flour
1c cornmeal
1/4c sugar
1T baking powder
1/2t salt
2 beaten eggs
1c milk
1/4c butter (or bacon grease...yum!)

Preheat oven to 425. If using a square pan, put the butter in the pan and put in the oven to melt while you mix up the rest of the batter. Otherwise, melt in the microwave and use non-stick cooking spray on muffin tins or other pan.

Combine all the dry ingredients.
Measure milk, then add eggs to the cup. Beat the milk and eggs together w/ a fork or whisk, then add butter. Pour liquids into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Pour batter into the hot pan from the oven, or ladle into muffin tins.

Back 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

YUMMY!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails