7/6/09

Independence Day!!!!

This is what a happy Democrat looks like.







I whipped up a couple of shirts for the boys, and a tiny dress and bloomers for Audrey.
Oddly, I planned Audrey's and William's outfits but Aldous' was made from the scraps and it turned out the the best of the three, in my opinion.

This is Audrey's little dress, made from a dismally boring American pattern Simplicity 4203. I made the size 1/2 and it seemed to fit well through the body, but the straps were crazy long. If Audrey becomes tall and thin, it will fit her as a top when she's four. I'm in love w/ the fireworks fabric in the skirt b/c it has a sprinkling of really fine silver glitter!!


These patriotic panties were made from McCall's 7948 c. 1983. I used glittery navy FOE on the leg openings, and red snaps for the front. I made the size small, which the pattern indicates will fit up to 20lbs and 28 inches. However, we had to leave the bottom snap open to allow a comfortable fit for Audrey's generous thighs. It was totally cute!!



Aldous' shirt, made from scraps of his neice's and brother's clothes, was sew from Butterick 6030. I made the size medium to fit his height. Of course, it's voluminous on him. :) But, he can wear it next year, too. I have found that most Butterick patterns have a crazy huge fit. I don't mind it much on kid's clothing because usually they'll grown in to it, but it's rather annoying in adult clothing, as I hope to never have any growing happening to me.



And finally William's shirt!! The collar is faced w/ the dot fabric from the other outfits and it has a sparkly fireworks/stars pocket. It's made from a Burda, number 9792. I made the size 98, which is a bit big for him right now, but he's too tall for a 92. I love this shirt pattern and it's my favorite easy shirt pattern. For better shirts, I use Ottobre's shirt pattern but this one goes together very nicely and the sizing is predictable and accurate.


Action shot!!


William hates getting dressed. It always interrupts something much more interesting!!


Like cooking raisin "soup" to impress your baby brother.

1 comment:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

I LOVE it!!! I'm so tired of people thinking I'm a texas republican (like my in laws - yikes!!) when I dress my girls in patriotic wear that I've stopped doing it. With fabric like this I just might start again!!! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails