10/10/11

A Monday Recipe: Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes w/ Fontina and Thyme


Omg, this was SO good! I've been able to get some beautiful and delicious organic heirloom tomatoes lately and couldn't WAIT to try this dish. It did NOT disappoint.





I found the "recipe" here...it's fantastic, quick, and easy.

Here's what I used:

3 large tomatoes, diced or sliced (depending on their size..slicing will work for very small ones, but large will need to be cut up)
3 cloves of garlic
2T olive oil
salt and pepper

1/2c grated fontina

Preheat oven to 425.
In a large bowl, toss together the first 5 ingredients, then place in a baking dish in single layer. cook until the tomatoes start to look a bit dry and shriveled on the edges, slightly browned. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with your grated cheese. Return to oven for about 4 minutes. Keep an eye on it, as fontina melts FAST. You don't want anything to burn.

Remove from oven, eat. Maybe sop up the juices from the dish with some nice thick bread. :)

Here are some of my beautiful tomatoes...almost too pretty to eat. ALMOST.

Can you believe these colors? so pretty.

My lone ordinary, but delicious, tomato.




it's the end of the fantastic tomatoes for this year, I fear, but I will make this again....as soon as I get some more tomatoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails