7/26/10

A surprise for Doug!!

I feel confident posting this because he NEVER reads my blog....so the shirt will still be a surprise when he gets home on Wednesday.


this is Kwik Sew 3422. I *just* got this  pattern from Fabric.com when they had the Kwik Sew patterns as their Daily Deal.  I used shell buttons on the front. From pattern tracing to finish, photography and posting in the SAME DAY! This is a great pattern and goes together VERY easily.

the front pocket!! I love this pocket! I got another shirt pattern for Doug from Burda that has the most horridly boring pocket, and I think I'll use this one on that shirt, too.

Lots of top-stitching. Terah returned my blind hem (aka: top-stitching) foot today!


The back yoke and back of collar, also top-stitched.

A close-up of the fabric. This is a linen blend I got for $2.50/yd from Jo-Ann's clearance rack. It's SO pretty: a nice light ivory.


Thanks for looking! I've got a super-duper vintage pattern post coming up soon!

3 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

Ugh! You have done it again! I'll have to add that pattern to my wish list. My husband REALLY needs some shirts. That looks really nice & very professional

Sam

Unknown said...

Thank you Kitten! You are awesome!
Love,
Doug (the husband who never reads Jacki's blogs). ;-)

Evelyn Dalton said...

oops Doug was NOT suppose to see that!! oh well... it is awesome! I love the top stitching. I love doing top stitching! Weird, huh? You again did an outstanding job!! You rock!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails