It's week two!!! Holy cow!!!
I made a couple of tees for the boys yesterday: my old stand-by, Kwik Sew for Toddlers, for Aldous, for this summer.
I tried out the tee from Lalala3, because it looked like it was a closer-fitting shirt than the one from Kwik Sew for Toddlers, and it was easier to trace than the Ottobre one. I was right, and it looks great on William! This is just some cheapy tee-shirt knit I had around that I tried this out on...William doesn't really need an long sleeved shirts.
William's St.Valentine's Day party at his MDO is Friday, so I whipped up these beauties today.
By "whipped up" I mean, made two heart patterns, traced 30 big ones, and 15 little ones, hand-embroidered "conversation heart" notions on the smaller hearts, (one color per letter, mind you), sewed them together, turned them and then stitched on a handle.
This was a wonderful project b/c I was really able to make a dent in my Christmas tree skirt project scraps that I've had for a couple of years! It's so fun to see my scraps be put to use.
Although, I have to say, the only part I enjoyed much was the pattern making/designing, and the embroidery.
Of course, all of this will be totally lost on the 2 and 3 year-olds in William's class, but the important thing is that I used up my scraps, used a lot of colors of embroidery thread, and GOT A LOT OF POINTS IN THE STASH GAME!!!!!
I'm up to about 300 now, but I still haven't figured out how to make Google docs like my spreadsheet. BOO!! I hope I figure it out quickly!