I made this kimono set for Audrey. I got this bird fabric at JoAnn, and the trim and pants fabric from City Craft. I had made the pants completly but decided then needed some solid something to break up the pattern of the fabric. I THOUGHT I would just use some bias tape or something, but I found this satin ribbon that matched the color of one of the birds, so I sewed that on instead.
The kimono is a morph of a couple of patterns I already owned, but had too many pieces. I prefer this simpler look, with the binding fabric ties. The pants are from Kwik Sew's Sewing for Toddlers (the more current version)
This next two shirts are for the boys, and the fabric background is green, not yellow. The blue parts don't stand out QUITE as much as it does in these pics, but my camera does quite poorly with greens.
On the left is the shirt for Aldous, made from a pattern in my vintage Kwik Sew's Sewing for Toddlers. I use that book a lot for Aldous because the garments made from those patterns tend to be a bit slimmer fitting. I really like that pattern, too, because it has a separate button placket on the front, rather than just a piece of fabric like the other has. I think it looks a lot better, and the top stitching is more prominant. The collar is lame, tho, and the back isn't yoked.
The shirt on the right is for William, from Ottobre's Shirt pattern. I'm still making a size 98 for him, and I use the collar with the attached stand. I do line the back yoke, and for this I did the pleats on the back. Most of the time, I omit them. I added a pocket to his, too. I'm a bit tired of the boxy look of this shirt, finding it sort of dated, so I'm on the prowl for a better pattern.
I adore these shell buttons on these.
Here's the back of William's shirt. It looks nice, I think, although I decided to just do single-needle top-stitching instead of my usual double needle. This fabric is from City Craft.