8/17/09

Wrap Pants Sew-Along, v4: Sewing!!



Ok, lets get to sewing!!! Hurray (or hooray, whichever you prefer)!!!


The first thing I did, before I started pinning, is mark which side I intended to be the inside (or back, or wrong side) of the fabric. I just used a colored pencil, but you can use chalk or whatever. not sharpie or marksalot, though. ;) Remember that you can click on the pictures to see them larger.



I pinned the crotch first.



Then I pinned the sides, and the hem.


to make the hem I turned the fabric up 1/4"


Then one more time, then pinned! Easy peasy!!!


Where the sides and corner meet.


I'm all ready to sew!!! For this, I'm using a size 12 universal needle, by Schmetz.


Sewing, sewing, sewing. Don't forget to back stitch at the beginning and end of your seams!!


For the crotch seam, use a 1/2 (4/8) or 5/8 seam allowance. Those are the lines and numbers to the right of your presser foot, there on the metal plate. :)


Trim to 1/4",


Finish, to prevent fraying (and therefore, also preventing your garment from falling apart!). I used a overcast stitch, but you can also use a zigzag. I prefer a wide (stitch width) zigzag with a short stitch length.


Here it is, with the crotch seam sewn and finished and the sides and bottom (out of sight) completed.


Turn it to the right side. The X marks the middle seam, the outside of the crotch seam you sewed!


Beginning the tie sides. I cut a two yard strip of 1 1/2 inches of the fabric, from that big piece I saved in the beginning. Remember that??


I folded it in half, and sewed the whole thing lengthwise.


This made a tube, that I turned right side out.


Coming next: attaching the ties and hemming the waist!!

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails