6/18/08

Owl Towels and Baby Outfit Sets

I've been frantically busy making these tiny owl outfits (all of them in blue so far!).
I made one for a shower gift, then word got out and I made three more! WHEW!!!
I do think they're adorable, though, and am saving a bit of the fabric for my own baby. Besides an outfit for myself, I have one more to do in pink! But it's not due until July so I can probably wait until, say, June 30 to start on that! :)





For the shower gift, I also made this precious hooded towel and wash cloth set, also w/ an owl them. The owl is hand appliquéd and embroidered felt. These are SO fun to make! I have made two of these already and have two more of these to make in pink, for July.


It's been quite the challenge to sew for business in the new house! The internet is really unreliable making contacting customers and printing shipping labels (and accepting payments!!!) terribly tricky!! In addition to that, my favorite sewing machine is acting up and I have to take it to the shop. I would have taken it already, but it's the only one I have which will sew knits, so I had to putter along with it...argg!!! It took me SO long to sew with it! VERY frustrating! And all of my supplies and materials are mostly still packed and in disarray, which causes me MUCH anxiety. I like my work area and materials to be all assembled and orderly before I begin and I've been working on these projects with my stuff ALL over the house in boxes. I finally put up my work table a couple of days ago, so at least that's sort of normal. I just found out a couple of days ago that there is NO electricity in the area where I'm going to be working, so getting set up comfortably there is going to be a challenge. Luckily, I'm always too tired to sew at night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails